Wednesday, April 29, 2015



I have been away from my blog for a couple of months, while finishing the manuscript for my third book, DARK CREEPY PLACES. The manuscript is now in the hands of my publisher, the good folks at Huntzman Enterprises and will be available soon. 

(Stay tuned to the blog,  for frequent updates and photos discussing my investigations and experiences at locations through out the midwest, as well as information regarding the release of  Dark Creepy Places!)


Even though I have been busy writing and had to put the blog on hold for a bit, does not mean that I was too busy to investigate. In the time that I have been away, I have investigated a cemetery, was asked to, and investigated a University in Illinois, and just last Friday night, investigated a pre- Civil War house, built in 1854.  Review of the evidence from Fridays investigation is underway, and I am pleased to say, that in only three hours of review, we have already found several voices that don't seem to fit in, based on voice identification, including volume, tone and pitch of the voices. The investigative team on Friday was limited to myself, and fellow Urban Paranormal Investigations, investigator, Jay Nandi. I conduct my paranormal investigations in a similar manner that I conducted investigations when I was a private investigator, which is, keeping the investigation secured and controlled. Part of keeping the investigation controlled is done by by limiting the number of investigators which eliminates the possibility of confusing investigators voices with unexplained voices during audio and video review. 


2015 is already shaping up, to be the busiest year of investigating so far, which should mean, that I will have a lot of interesting information and evidence to share with you.
In the meantime, enjoy a sneak peek from the introduction of my latest book.

~LarryWilson
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DARK CREEPY PLACES

Introduction


Over the years, we have all heard stories about ghosts and hauntings, or watched scary movies and television shows, that would send shivers down our spine. 

Our terror was only temporary, since all that was necessary to get back to our peaceful reality, our comfort zone, was to turn on the lights or change the channel on our TV set.

Even with the immediate sigh of relief that we experienced after turning the lights back on, we still hesitated to glance over at an uncovered, darkened window, in fear of what might be looking back at us.

As children, our imagination would run wild; we would hear strange sounds that startled us awake in the middle of the night. Creaking floorboards coming from the hallway, that were most likely made by the house settling, but, sounded like footsteps creeping ever closer to our room. A howling wind, which sounded like a phantom voice, beckoning us, to come into the darkness. We feared what lurked in the shadows, what may be hiding under the bed, or waiting in our closet.

These things I describe, were so frightening, that we were too afraid to venture from the safety of our bed, to a nearby bathroom or to the kitchen for a drink to quench our thirst. Our parent’s bedroom only a mere few feet away, seemed too risky to try and make a dash to safety, for fear of what may be waiting outside our door would grab us, and carry us off into the shadowy abyss.

So we relied on the one thing that we knew would protect us.  Pulling the covers up over our head. Because everyone knows, that ghost and monsters would never think to look there!

The book you are about to read is filled with intriguing, chilling and what some would even call frightening accounts of unexplained paranormal phenomena. The accounts are not from books or TV shows, but are real paranormal encounters! The things that I write about, are things I have personally seen, heard, felt, experienced and lived.

If you have read my first two books, Chasing Shadows and Echoes from the Grave, you already know who I am, and what it is that I do. You will also know, that I do not write books, or tell of my experiences, to try and convince anyone, that the supernatural is real. Because to believe beyond any doubt that what the supernatural has to offer is real, you have to see it, and experience it for yourself.

For those of you who are first time readers, I will give you a brief introduction to who I am, what I do and why I do it.

My name is Larry Wilson; I am a former private investigator, turned paranormal investigator, who has been investigating the unexplained for almost fourteen years now. I am the guy that people call when they think that the boogieman may be lurking in the shadows of their home or business, and many times they are right. But unlike those who choose to pull the covers up over their head, I seek out the things that like to hide in Dark, Creepy Places!

I have investigated the full gamut of the paranormal, from the mundane to the extreme. Sometimes with a team of one or two investigators, and many times I investigate alone.  On September fourteenth, 2013, I investigated one of the most extreme and infamous houses on record; a house that many believe is occupied by evil, the Sallie House, and I investigated it alone! You will read about my experiences that night, later in this book.

Some tell me that it is reckless going to places alone. They believe that there is strength in numbers! But I’m here to tell you, that I totally disagree with this rational. Because the number of people involved, has nothing to do with protection when it comes to the supernatural or negative things, it’s all about faith. By faith, I mean faith in God, the all mighty, all powerful creator! There are many religions, but only one God. So I am not here to tell you that my God is better than your God. For they are one and the same.

My belief is, that you are only as strong as the weakest link, so when it comes to faith, I have no doubt that I am protected, especially if investigating alone. Because when I am alone, there are no weak links. Problems can arise when others are along and they have fear. For fear is a lack of faith, and when there is a lack of faith, there is a weak link ,that could lead to problems for me or for others along for the investigation!

            In my first two books, I took my readers to some of the most haunted locations in the Midwest. Come along once again as I introduce you, to new locations, which I investigated for the first time. We will also revisit several locations that I have written about before. I returned to these locations, due to the tremendous amount of unexplained activity that took place during the earlier investigations.

            You will read about a local radio shows morning host and his co-host, who have come along on several investigations, and have experienced first hand the strangeness that the supernatural has to offer.

            One of the most bizarre stories takes place at an old haunted theatre in Springfield, Illinois that I investigated alone on Halloween night 2012. Not only was the investigation eventful, but I also had an unusual premonition prior to arriving at the location, that would turn out, to come to pass, after the investigation was finished.

            Read about how a young midwestern couple, living in an apartment building located next door to an old funeral home, was tormented by something that seemed to enjoy watching them take showers. 

Packed with chills and suspense, you may even find yourself pulling the covers up over your head while reading the book. But don’t worry; ghost and monsters would never think to look there, or would they?


No comments:

Post a Comment