Monday, September 22, 2014


Excerpt from Chasing Shadows

By Larry Wilson

Laughter in the Mess Hall of Kemper Military School

(Kemper Military School has been the location used to film several movies, including Childs Play 3 from the series of movies about Chucky the possessed doll !)
 
 

Paul and the two team members from St. Louis decided to set up our base for the investigation in the old mess hall of the barracks. While they were doing this, Gary and I started setting up surveillance cameras in the kitchen and a stairwell that led up to the second floor. The kitchen was in a separate room from the mess hall, and where we were setting up, was only seventy-five to one hundred feet away from where the other team members were setting up base camp.

After about 30 minutes, as Gary and I were finishing setting up the cameras in the kitchen, we heard a woman’s voice coming from the mess hall. She was talking loudly and laughing. I said to Gary, “Who’s the woman that Paul and the guys are talking to? Did the lady from the city come back already?” “I don’t know,” Gary replied, “but I wonder what’s so funny.”

Then I said, jokingly, “I don’t know, Gary, but it’s just like Paul to find a girl and hold out on us so he can have all the fun!”

Gary replied, “Let’s finish setting up this last camera then go see who is here. We need to tell them to tone it down so our video cameras don’t pick up their conversations.”

Gary and I finished setting up the cameras and then headed back to the mess hall to see who the lady was. When we walked into the hall, Paul and the two investigators were setting up equipment on a table, but no one else was in the room. I asked Paul, if the lady from the city had come back?” “No,” he replied, “why?”

“Well,” Gary demanded, “who was the girl that you guys were talking to and what was so funny?”

“There has been no one else here but the three of us,” Paul replied. “Why do you think there was a girl here?”

We explained that both Gary and I had clearly heard a conversation and the laughter of a woman that seemed to be coming from the mess hall. Her voice was loud and she seemed to be having fun. Paul again assured us that no one else was there but the five of us and that they had not heard the voice or laughter of a woman. Unfortunately, at the time Gary and I heard the voice, our equipment was not recording yet because we were still setting up. Due to this occurrence, and so as to not miss out on possible evidence again, I now turn on a recorder and carry it with me as soon as I enter a location.

Gary and I wonder if we had heard the voice of the female who was murdered in the kitchen at the hands of her former boyfriend. I mean, who else would haunt this area of the building and why? The woman’s voice was definitely one of the weirdest experiences that I have had as a paranormal investigator. It would have been one thing if I was the only one to hear the voice, but it is quite another when you have a witness who heard the same thing!
Read this and more in Chasing Shadows by Paranormal Investigator Author ~ Larry Wilson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment