Wednesday, August 13, 2014


2013 Shelbyville, Illinois Investigation
This video, is from a solo investigation, that I conducted, at a highrise apartment complex in the central Illinois community of Shelbyville.
A young couple named Courtney and Cody, contacted me in the early summer of 2013, as they were having unusual activity at their apartment. 
 Some of what they were experiencing was frightening to them. The activity, included Courtney, witnessing what appeared to be a man kneeling at the foot of  their bed. They sometimes heard voices coming from within the apartment, when no one else was home. Strange feelings that they were being watched was sometimes overwhelming. 
On several separate occasions both Courtney and Cody witnessed what appeared to be a hand pressing in on the shower curtain as they were taking a shower. Each thinking that it was the other, they would pull opened the shower curtain and to their surprise, they would  find that there was no one there. An over night guest who wasn't aware of the unusual activity, was taking a shower in the young couples apartment when he experienced the same type of activity. 

During my pre-investigation, I recorded five EVP's or Electronic Voice Phenomena. EVP's are believed by many to be disembodied voices that are recorded by the use of either digital or tape recorders. The voices that are recorded are not actually physically heard while being recorded, but some how are picked up by the recording devices. During my pre-investigation, one of the voices I recorded was a mans voice, calling out to Courtney's dog, Mollie. 

About a week after the pre-investigation, I conducted a full all night investigation at the apartment by myself. Courtney and Cody left shortly after 9:30p.m..  Part of my plan for the evening was to take a shower to see if I would experience similar activity or possibly see the phantom hand pressing on the shower curtain.
I set up a video camera in the hallway. I pointed it toward the shower in the bathroom. I bought swim trunks with me, to change into to, so that I could take a shower, and see if I could  record the event on on video.

I took about a fifteen minute shower and nothing unusual occurred. So I could change out of my wet trunks, I closed the bathroom door, but left the camera running. The bathroom is small, so in order to dry my leg, I turned my back to the bathroom door, and placed my foot on the lid of the bathroom commode. After a few moments, I heard a clicking sound, that I thought came from the hall outside of the bathroom. With my leg still on the stool, I turned my head around and was about to say, "hey Cortney is that you?' When the bathroom door opened about an inch or so. Then as you will see in the video, the door abruptly slams shut.

I have no explanation as to what happened. The door for the bathroom, cannot be slammed, as I tried to recreate this the same night as it took place and again when I reviewed the evidence with Courtney and Cody. The only source of air flow, in the apartment, is from two small window air conditioning units that do not cause enough air flow to cause the door to shut or slam. The door itself is a hollow door, and had a new latch mechanism. With the door being hollow,and you try to slam the door the air in the bathroom causes a vacuum which slows the door down. So it is virtually impossible to slam the door.

For the rest of this story, keep watching for the release of my third book, due to be released tis fall sometime.
But for now, take a look at the  video.












No comments:

Post a Comment