Sunday, August 24, 2014

Only for a Moment- For my Angel Baby- Keri Rene...


“Only for a Moment”
by
Larry Wilson

I’m not really sure why I am writing this; maybe it’s because I miss you, or because I never got to know you. Maybe it’s because of that song I play for you each morning that so reminds me of you. Maybe it’s just the wine.
I often wonder what its like where you’re at. I wonder if the sun always shines, or if you have cloudy days?  Are you growing up? Can you see angels? Are your eyes blue like mine, or are they a beautiful brown like your mothers?
I wonder if you can see me, or hear me when I talk to you? Do you even know who I am?
They say that moments pass us by so quickly, that we soon forget, but I haven’t! That one moment is etched forever in my heart, my memory, and my soul! Because that moment is all I have.
I only got to hold you one time and I didn’t want to let you go, because I knew, that I would never get to hold you again. It was seventeen years ago, but that moment has never passed. The tears that ran down my cheeks and onto your face filed my heart with that moment forever. I’m sorry I shook, but I just couldn’t help it, I so wanted you to open your eyes and smile, but you didn't!
I’ll never forget the look on the nurse’s face when she told me that it was time, and that I had to let you go, her eyes were filled with tears, tears for me, as she gently pried you from my arms.  Do you remember that I kissed your cheek? I hope you heard me say I love you and good-bye angel!
It took me thirteen years to get enough courage to visit you at your special place but I was finally able to and I am glad that I did.
Every time that I now visit your special place and without fail a peaceful breeze blows that quiets the world around me.
It only last for a short time, but no matter the temperature the breeze goes through me and warms my heart. It always makes a bad day good and a good day better!
I’m not sure if it’s her spirit or maybe the Angles that watch over me, but there is a presence in that breeze!
In the last several years I have had two very vivid dreams where you have appeared! In both dreams I speak to you and say, “I wish you were with me!” Both times you responded with a smile and say, “I am silly…I’m in your heart!”
Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I have often wondered if the vivid dreams were dreams at all, that maybe you came to visit and to comfort me and to let me know that you are all right!
But either way, it taught me that I was wrong seventeen years ago…that I would hold you again and I do!
Well you were right “silly” you are with me and I do hold you every day, because, ”You’re in my heart!”

You may not realize it...but holding you that one time did make a difference...a difference like no other. It was only for a moment, but that one moment mattered more than any moment of my life and it still does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment